Last night, at Nibblers. Shannon and I shared the following:
- Amuse: Dungeness crab bisque shooter with a meyer lemon crema
- First: Baked tiger shrimp in pernod with baked sweet 100 tomatoes
- Second: Wild mushroom crepes in a sercial madeira glaze with white truffle oil
- Intermezzo: Cranberry Chardonnay sorbet
- Third: Rose seared Alaskan halibut medallions with Forbidden black rice and yuzu tobiko crema
- Fromage: Rouzaire Pierre Robert soft ripened rich French triple cream, Casa Matias Serra da Estrela unctuous sweet sheep’s milk cheese, and Cowgirl Creamery Pierce Point artisan domestic triple cream rolled in wild herbs
- Sweets: Cinnamon pound cake smothered with blueberries and served with double Devon cream
- Accompanying all of the above were different wines for each flight–a progressive wine pairing.
Having four glasses of wine in front of you–one for each course–is the height of decadence. Yum, yum, yum. I’m still not sure what was so Forbidden about the rice, but hey.
Pricy, but oh so worth it.