I have been swamped and not posting here much. So here’s a bunch of writing news updates, which will soon appear on my site as well.
- “Break the Vessel” will be podcast at Pseudopod. I’ll let you know when it’s up. This is the “poop story.”
- Sybil’s Garage 6 is out now, and includes “Fulgurite.” This is the “unicorn cockroach sex story.”
- The Cinema Spec anthology is out, and includes “Starshow,” the “goddamn the universe is a lonely place” story.
- Phantom, a dark fiction anthology like Bandersnatch, will be out at Readercon. It contains “What President Polk Said,” aka the “insane Gold Rush miner” story. [Does anyone else have shorthand names for their stories like this?]
- Speaking of Readercon, I’ll be there. I’ll put my schedule in a separate post. I’ll also be at World Fantasy later this year (but not WorldCon, sorry).
- Borderlands Books (San Francisco) on Thursday, July 23rd at 7:00 PM. I’ll be part of the Clarion Themed Reading with Amelia Beamer, Rachel Swirsky, and Tim Pratt. I’m not sure what I’m reading yet, but possibly either “Scar Stories” or “What President Polk Said.”
- Kilgore Books (Denver) on Friday, Aug 14 at 6:30 PM. I’ll be part of the Sybil’s Garage 6 reading with Jason Heller and Sean Markey. I’m reading “Fulgurite” and possibly also another story. I’ll have copies of Bandersnatch and Phantom available for sale.
Aaaand, two public readings of my fiction:
I like frogs. Frogs are cute. Ribbit.
Also, the Write-a-thon continues! I’m grateful to everyone who’s sponsoring me; it really keeps me motivated. I feel like I have a firm commitment and I’ve got to make my time work for me. If anyone else wants to pledge, the link has all the information, including my project. I’m making a worldbuilding wiki for the novel I’m writing this fall. One sponsor will get to see the actual wiki.
Thank you for your generosity and support! And thanks for reading my news items.